Friday, August 1, 2014

Stuffed Chicken w/ Skillet Toasted Penne

Well, well, well. Back on my cooking game! This time at 15 Law St. I might have to rename the blog...

I wanted to do goat cheese stuffed chicken. But no luck at Redner's finding goat cheese. My alternative? Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedges. (: 
Pounded out chicken cutlets and added a little salt n pep. Then spreaded the lovely garlic & herb spreadable cheese. Rolled her up, tied each end w Grammy's famous food rope, as I like to call it. I dipped them in egg then breadcrumbs. And right before I put them in the oven at 350, I poured melted butter on top!

The pasta? Oh my. Well. I somewhat followed a recipe from Cooking Light magazine. I cooked up some bacon and zucchini (fresh from a NEPA backyard garden)...the zucchini not the bacon. Removed them and added some butter/oil to sautee onions and garlic before I tossed in the raw penne. 

Toasted up the penne nice and good in the pan, and then treated it like a risotto and added spoonfuls of warm chicken broth to the pan intermittently. When the starch from the pasta is released into the liquid, it becomes a creamy sauce. And. So. Good! So so good. Threw some spinach in at the last minute. And then tossed the zucchini and bacon back in. Topped with shredded Parmesan. (:


I sliced a baguette and added some olive oil, shaved Parmesan, and cracked black pepper. 

Aunt Mare didn't even add any salt or pepper!!! Successful dish (: pretty proud. 



No comments:

Post a Comment