Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fruits & Veggies Detox

After a very chocolatey, very carby, steak & potato dinner, heavy-Oreo-intake Valentine's Day weekend, my bloated mid-section thought it best to tone it down a bit -- at least for a few days; try to get back to normal; not feel weighed down; get back to my regular belt loop, you know. I'm not one to commit to an all out detox, drinking my meals that look like mushed up grass in liquid form. So, I just vowed to eat nothing but fruits & veggies & whole grains for a week. When my mom heard this, she and her Penn State Nutrition degree were all like, "What about protein?! You need protein!" Not to worry: hummus, a variety of beans, eggs, yogurt, and [a moderate amount of] cheese were all OK'd, mom.

Breakfast:



Stoneyfield Fat Free French Vanilla yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and chia seeds. Chia Seed Benefits
It was a first time for Chia Seeds for me. I thought they would be awkward to chew and get stuck in my teeth and leave the meal undesirable. I don't know if it was because the seeds in the other fruits masked the seediness of the Chia, but it was nothing like I imagined. #yummy

Lunch/Dinner:



Alllllllll kinds of FRESH veggies (zucchini, brussel sprouts, carrots, celery, green pepper, asparagus) sautéed with olive oil, salt, pepper, other seasonings to taste. And at the very end, mixed in beans and quinoa (not shown). Quinoa: The New Health Food Superstar

The fruit and yogurt was surprisingly filling. And when the veggie and quinoa mixture left a little craving at the end the of meal, the fruit and yogurt served as a yummy dessert option.

THANK YOU, WHOLE FOODS.

No comments:

Post a Comment