Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Breakfast for Dinner: Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs w/ Capers

Who doesn't love a good brinner meal? When my dad and I eat breakfast on the ship, one of our favorites is always the plate that actually looks kind of sparse: 2 pieces of smoked salmon, about 4 capers, a ring of raw red onion, and a wedge of lemon. It's not lacking in color variety, that's for sure. But whenever my dad is up early enough to still get breakfast on the ship, he always calls me after he eats 2 plates of our favorite dish (with croissants) just to tell me that's what he had. Anyway, he called me yesterday to tell me just that, and I was craving it so badly that I bought some ingredients at the store today. I combined my two favorite breakfasts on the Holland American Line cruise ships (the salmon plate and eggs Benedict) and tried to mimic what Green Eggs CafĂ© does with their salmon breakfast dish to come up with my own creation tonight. 

3 large eggs scrambled with 2 pieces of cooper cheese and capers. Added pepper but no salt because I bought salted lox. 
Rolled up the salmon with a bit of chive & onion cream cheese. #nommmmm
Overall it was a bit salty and I probably won't buy the salted lox again if I have the option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment