Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Red Pepper Shrimp & Broccoli with Spaghetti

Thought I'd jump on the lent bandwagon and eat some seafood tonight...actually no I was just craving shrimp and only realized it was lent while waiting in line at the seafood counter and the guy in front of me had ashes on his forehead. I only realized he had ashes on his forehead when he turned around to apologize for his big order taking so long because, said the guy, "lent." But I'm not going to let this blog turn into a forum for discussing religious traditions. Check it out:


Whole wheat thin spaghetti, well-seasoned broccoli and shrimp, sautéed with onions and garlic. Three forms of red pepper were used!!!!! Cayenne, crushed red pepper, and spicy red pepper hummus for the sauce. Hence, "Red Pepper Shrimp & Broccoli with Spaghetti." And once again, used some of my students' favorite Adobo seasoning on the shrimp! Squeezed a bit of lemon on the top of it all for a finishing touch. So. Good. #nomnom

1 comment:

  1. Hummus in the sauce...ingenious. Let's open a restaurant.

    #adoboisthespiceofgods

    ReplyDelete