Thursday, March 20, 2014

Stir Pot Madness!!!

My day...no, my WEEK finally just got good as I got home from school: I began marinating chicken cutlets in ceasar dressing (because I didn't have a good seasons packet and my ceasar dressing is about to go bad), turn on March Madness on TBS, and sit down to check my bracket. First, I found out No. 12 Harvard beat No. 5 Cincinnati (I picked that!) Then, on tv, Florida was on its way to beat Albany (who didn't pick that?). Then, I opened a beer. It just keeps getting better. Used a Parmesan Pasta Roni side (easiest ever) and frozen green beans (ok maybe that's easier than the pasta) with my chicken, and stirred them all together in a pot. WHO SAYS I CAN'T EAT ON THE COUCH OUT OF THE POT?!
Beer, pasta in a pot, basketball. Welcome to the South Philly (all girl) Frat House. #cheers #nom 

Also, I finally learned tonight why Grammy stuck so loyally by her breaded chicken method: egg, flour, egg, breadcrumbs. In that order. I thought I'd take a short cut tonight and just sprinkle some breadcrumbs on the chicken. Well. It wasn't a short cut. And it doesn't stick to the chicken. It does stick to the pan though. Now I know why she'd always hit me and yell, "are you watchin?!" while she ran her chicken down her conveyer belt of dippings before plopping them in the hot pan of oil. Two nights in a row of live and learn here in kitchen stadium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment