Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tilapia over a Spinach Salad - FAIL!

Well. Last night I learned just how much salt is in Adobo seasoning. I seasoned the tilapia with Adobo and cayenne pepper. Baked it for 10 minutes in the oven at 400°. Was so excited because I had just come from the grocery store where I bought a bunch of produce for a stellar salad! I even had an avocado on the counter that was finally ripe to use with the feta cheese as a dressing! I put it all together, mix it up, cut it up, take a bite....even the extensive amount of salt that my mom typically cooks with, and cooked with my whole childhood, did not prepare me for the bite I took. I knew not to use salt and pepper on the fish because the Adobo had salt in it!! But I still used too much Adobo. I tried so hard not to waste the dish, but I ended up tossing most of it. :( Live and learn. I still love you, Adobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment